There are some people who are allergic to wasp bites, which means that their immune systems react to the venom injected by a stinging insect. Venom bites of insects contains several chemicals that, when introduced through a bite, causes the release of histamine, which causes local tissue damage and other chemicals that cause allergic symptoms. After the first sting, the allergic person’s body produces an allergic substance called immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibody that reacts with insect venom. If he or she is bitten by the bug again to the same species or similar insect venom interacts with the IgE antibody response to the first bite.
The resulting tissue damage is largely responsible for the pain, swelling, redness and we experience itching at the site of the bite. Although most local reactions are mild and cause localized swelling and inflammation around the site bite, the area of swelling and inflammation can be very large. For example, one may be bitten on the finger, however, inflammation can progress to include whole arm. Both of these reactions, by virtue of the fact that adjoin the site of the bite and allergic reactions are considered.
For a small number of people with severe venom allergy, stings can be deadly, insects belonging to the class of Hymenoptera are capable of injecting venom into humans and animals. Severe allergic reactions to insect stings can involve many body organs and may develop rapidly. This reaction is called anaphylaxis. Symptoms of anaphylaxis may include itching and hives over large areas of the body, swelling in the throat or tongue, difficulty breathing, dizziness, stomach pains, nausea or diarrhea. In severe cases, a rapid fall in blood pressure can lead to shock and unconsciousness. Anaphylaxis is a medical emergency, and can be fatal. If you or anyone else experience any of these symptoms after an insect bite, get emergency medical treatment immediately. After symptoms are treated in the emergency room, you must also obtain a referral to an allergist to learn about treatment options.
Insect bite or poison insect bite can be one of the most dangerous allergens. Most people who are stung by bees, wasps, hornets, wasps and fire ants have little to fear. At worst, these people may experience mild pain, swelling and itching at the bite site.
A person does not suffer an allergic reaction the first time it is bitten by an insect. Instead, the initial encounter leads to awareness, in which the immune system reacts exaggerated insect venom and creates immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies to fight it. These antibodies trigger an allergic reaction the next time the body meets the insect venom.
The next time a person is bitten, these antibodies cause the mast cells to release chemicals such as histamine, which can cause inflammation in the body. Very allergic people can suffer anaphylaxis, in which fluid leaks from blood to tissues, causing inflammation and reducing blood pressure. Bronchial tissues may swell and cause difficulty breathing.
Stinging insects in the United States include honeybees, wasps, hornets, wasps and fire ants. While not everyone is allergic to insect venom, skin reactions, such as mild pain, swelling and redness can occur with an insect bite. Most sting reactions are caused by five types of insects: wasps, bees, paper wasps, hornets and fire ants.
However, people with allergies to the venom are likely to experience more pronounced effects. A mild allergic reaction can cause nausea, increased swelling and other discomforts. At the other extreme, a rare disease who are allergic to after experiencing an allergic reaction. It is better to destroy the hive or nest of insects are known to cause allergy. Insects sting when disturbed by what is best off slowly, as you encounter any flying stinging insects.
About the Author:
Bryan Morris is a medical sales professional and likes doing research works on various types of allergies and their possible cure.
Related Post: Insect Allergy.
WASP NEST MUSEUM